Rabu, 10 Juni 2020

'We can build a real time machine'

Travelling in time might seem like a trip of elegant, but some physicists think it might really be feasible. BBC Horizon looked at some of one of the most promising ideas for turning this staple of sci-fi right into reality.

Ron Mallett has a desire: He desires to travel in time.  Agen Taruhan Judi Bola Terupdate

This isn't simple dream - Mallett is a respected teacher of physics.

"I think about myself as being a regular individual with an enthusiasm, and my passion is the opportunity of time travel," he says.

Prof Mallett has wanted to develop a time machine for most of his life. His passion, he explains, can be mapped to a terrible occasion very early in his life.

Ron's dad, a hefty cigarette smoker, passed away of a cardiac arrest at the age of 33 - when Prof Mallett was simply ten years old. Ron was ravaged and took out right into his publications.

"A year after that when I was 11, I encountered guide that changed everything for me. That was The Time Machine, by HG Wells," the College of Connecticut physicist informed the BBC's Horizon program.

"The cover captured my attention, but it was when I read the inside, and it said: 'Scientific individuals know very well that time is simply a type of space which we can progress and in reverse in time, equally as we can… in space'.

"When I read that I said: 'This is wonderful!'."

Time travel may sound improbable, but researchers are currently exploring several secrets of nature that could someday see Ron's dream fulfilled.

Albert Einstein thought the 3 measurements of space were connected to time - which functions as a 4th measurement. He called this system space-time, and it is the model of the World that we use today.

But Einstein also thought it was feasible to fold space-time, producing a faster way in between 2 far-off locations. This sensation is called a wormhole, and it can be visualised as a passage with 2 openings, each arising at various factors in space-time.

Wormholes might exist normally in the cosmos; certainly, researchers in Russia are attempting to use radio telescopes to spot them. But using wormholes for time travel will not be simple.

Prof Mallett explains: "If I could develop a time machine, after that I could return right into the previous and see my dad again and perhaps conserve his life and change everything."